Sunday, October 19, 2008

NEAT OPPORTUNITY


My friend Lauren has a really awesome uncle, and his name is JOHN BYTHEWAY! On Saturday he came and spoke to the RS sisters of my old ward. I love to listen to him speak and I have a couple of his cd's. My favorite is "The five scriptures that will get you through almost anything". It was nice to be part of such an intimate setting as he usually only speaks at large forums. It was interesting that the topic he spoke on was "Having Faith Instead Of Fear. His mother spoke first and then he spoke and they both did an excellent job. He quoted so many scriptures, prophets, and apostles, and his mother quoted many hymns. It was such a great reminder of who is in control and who we can put our trust in, especially during these trying times we are living in. It was such a special treat :)

3 comments:

Molly said...

ha,ha...I was reading this post and thought, "Hey, I know someone named Lauren with the same uncle!" Hello...same person! It was funny. That is cool that you got to meet him and hear him speak. He is great!

Melissa said...

So sad that I missed that....I need to get some of his cd's or just borrow them from you eh? Since you came to that, you guys should come to our wards' carnival this Saturday!! 5pm state center!

The Birds said...

I was so sad I missed it. I was house sitting for my parents in Tremonton, but I'm sure it was fabulous! I really love listening to him speak. Also, looks like you guys had a fun Halloween. I bet your kiddos LOVED having a neighborhood to go around this year! Those boys have waited a good long time for that eh?!! Also, from the pics, your house looks adorable!
~Chandi