Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!



As you know my favorite holiday is Christmas! I love decorating the tree and trimming the house, I love the white snow, I love looking at the Christmas lights, listening to the beautiful Christmas music, the excitement for Santa, etc... But most of all I love the feelings I get during Christmas. There is just a different feeling in the air as we are all more mindful of our Savior. This year didn't disappoint, in fact this may be one of the best Christmas's our family has ever had and in such a different way. I can't even begin to tell you all the wonderful things that were done for our family. We are still trying to rack our brains trying to figure out where and who some of these blessings came from! Every year we have been able to do some great things for other families and we still tried in some smaller ways to keep that tradition alive. But this has been the first year that we have been surprised by the the generosity and warmth of others (who ever you are out there:)). Truly this was a magical Christmas and we had some really neat experiences. Christmas of 2008 will always be special to us.

I liked this quote by President Kimball "God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs".

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families. We are so grateful for all of you.


1 comment:

The Birds said...

Oh my word, look at your little Miss Avery!!! When did she get so big?!! She looks adorable! And your boys are so handsome and getting so big as well. I swear it hasn't been THAT long has it? I too am grateful for technology and this whole blog thing now that we're not all in the same ward, but we can still peek in on each other!
~Chandi